Hey Can a X600 XT be overclocked 2 any high levels?

edited August 2005 in Hardware
Hey Can a X600 XT be overclocked 2 any high levels? cuz its annoying 2 have an LCD with this video card and i was wondering if i can do anything about that....so i can play [-peep-] at LCD res...
THANK YOU

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    an X600 XT.... you could overclock it until you start getting artifacts and a heat lock up. but other than that there is nothing magical to make it twice as fast. and if you do find the magical proggy tell me and ill make my 6800 GT a 7800 GTX ;D;D

If you wanna overclock, id download rivatuner and try a 10% overclock at first and keep goin up until it starts artifacting (little lines on the screen) and then back it off some. its a slow process so dont rush it or you will only get moderate results.

If you wanna cheat a little you could do a search for X600 XT and see if their are any reviews and normally they will overclock the card for benchmarkcomparison of the stock. and that will give you an indicator of the maximum stable OC. id start off a little below that and step it up because every card is different.
  • edited August 2005
    hhahaha ur funny yea i kno i just wanna play doom at lcd resolution and i kno there is a higher chance of overclocking an x600 pro but still i wanna see if i can see atleast 7 frames difference...wat do u think of atitool? the self clocking thing?
    edited August 2005
    i think you'd see 7 fps. but im not sure. you could try ati's tool, but i like rivatuner, i have it running on my hp rig with a 9200 se with a 13% OC
  • edited August 2005
    WAt card would u suggest being a really good OC card? like out of the newer models...6600 256 meg...or sumthing?
  • edited August 2005
    There's a sale going on at the ATI store on refurb X800 Pro cards for around $200 in both AGP and PCI-e versions. Last Saturday I bought an AGP Sapphire X800XT-PE for $229.00 at ZZF. That vid card really kicks mucho butt too. :thumbsup: ZZF doesn't have them at that price any more though. If you look around you can find some good deals on the ATI cards, since the 7800GTX and GT cards have come out.
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited August 2005
    Also the eVGA GeForce 6800 AGP card is well known for having a high success rate unlocking the extra pipelines and shader.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    The safer thing to do is just buy a decent card in the first place and not rely on overclocking to make a miracle difference, that way you won't be dissapointed and/or damage your card in the process.
    edited August 2005
    yup, get a good card like i did that is gonna kick some major butt, then push it to ultra levels or above just cause you can.

6800 GT --> 6800 Ultra Price=$0