Dreams do come trueeeeee!!

jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
edited August 2005 in Hardware
After 3 months of saving...I finally hit the "Checkout" button at newegg.com for my new gaming rig!. Specs are:

2x MSI 7800GTX
AMD Athalon 4000+ San Diego
ASUS A8N Delux SLI
2 GB OCZ platinum rev 2 RAM (Hope I dont run into your problem Nosferatu)
520W OCZ Modstream PSU
Zalman 120mm 2 ball CPU HS/Fan

All together $1670

I know what I'll be building at work nextweek :)

:mullet::mullet::mullet::mullet:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2005
    DAMN!! Nice system.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Very nice. I applaud you for being able to save up for it in only 3 months' time! :thumbsup:
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited August 2005
    Yeah, well the only money I spend each month is the cost of a plane ticket to see my girlfriend :) The rest of it that doesnt goto the household bills is split between savings and computer fund.

After this I'll be able to make the comptuer fund smaller for awhile. The even more positive thing is that all my new components in my current rig that were replaced in lue of the lightning strike are going in a computer for her. And since hers is about 4 yrs old now and she doesnt work enough going to collage full time to get herself a nice new one I figured I'd make her life easy a bit!

:mullet:
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited August 2005
    jradmin, I'm jealous of your "current" system, can I have it since you won't be needing it anymore? PeLeaaasse?
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited August 2005
    Whoa, that thing will scream! :eek:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    You're going to have some fun with that setup. :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    dual 7800 gtx? :eek2:
    edited August 2005
    D00D wrote:
    jradmin, I'm jealous of your "current" system, can I have it since you won't be needing it anymore? PeLeaaasse?

If my girl didnt need something new, I would have no issues selling it :)
  • edited August 2005
    Sounds like a really nice rig you are building, man. :thumbsup:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    dual 7800 gtx? :eek2:
    That's what I thought..! :eek:
    edited August 2005
    Yep :) I'm excited to see what happens when you put 2 of those hotties together.

I'm thinking that a small universe will be created :P
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited August 2005
    Wow, very awesome. You're one lucky mofo!
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    im jealous, and entropy took my line ;D

will you be selling your old gfx card? i might be interested..
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    WAHHHHHH.....I want I want.....that is one kick ass rig. and those dual 7800 GTX cards are gonna make my 6800 GT look like an archaic pos.

Im so jealous. but there is no way that i coud afford to drop $1700 into a computer. how long have you had to save?
    edited August 2005
    yeah it would take me quite a while just to be able to buy those gfx cards.. I do make a crapload of money at a time with odd-jobs such as mowing and computer things, but it would take forever to accumulate that much $$.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Is that an X2 processor? I personally would have gone a bit higher with the proc but I'm currently Mr Linux Compile so I'm anal about more speed :rolleyes2
    edited August 2005
    no thats not an X2
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited August 2005
    If I didn't have to buy my ass a new car, I'd dump it all into a computer. The problem is, by the time I save enough for a car (I want a nice one), and then re-save up for a new computer, I'll be hesitant because I'll need to put it towards college (even on top of what I've already been saving for it).

Damnit.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    nice system! :thumbsup:
  • edited August 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    Is that an X2 processor? I personally would have gone a bit higher with the proc but I'm currently Mr Linux Compile so I'm anal about more speed :rolleyes2

There's currently no benefit to dual core and gaming, the best single core processor > the best dual core for gaming.

But the price difference between the 4000+ (fx-53) and the FX-55, and then FX-57 ;D .

the 4000+ is without a doubt the best processor to get right now, heck I'm annoyed I didn't wait a week or two, it's gone down $50 since I bought mine, and I found the lowest price at the time!

Congrats on the system there.

Some tips:

-Don't use the 77.77 nvidia drivers, I got artifacting, and overheating on my GPU, 77.72 works much better for me.
    -Run BF2 at 2048 :o.

I'm hoping you have a monitor that's HUGE!
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    That is indeed a damn fine system :)
    It would take me a month of sundays to save up for a system like that.
    I worked out at our current exchange rate, that what you paid for your whole rig
    I would have to pay for just one of your 7800GTX cards where I live.

Somebody is ripping us off here in SA :(