far cry

edited August 2005 in Hardware
i am running an athlon 64 3800 venice,nvidia geforce 6600gt in sli mode,the problem is that when i play far cry the graphics are not that good,under the water the plant life is all block effect and other parts are not to clever,anybody give me any ideas,iv`e tried all the settings in the video settings page but to no joy.......HELP

Comments

• ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited August 2005
    I had the same problem when I installed Far Cry and I am running a 6800GT graphics card. The patches will fix everything for you. The retail game is ver.1 Do a search on google for Far Cry update patches. Mine is patched up to ver1.3 After the first patch all the graphics problems cleared up.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • edited August 2005
    They released a 1.33/ 1.32 patch a week or so to fix some things as well, but it's only incremental.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    ya patch fixes everything
  • edited August 2005
    downloaded patches and hey presto what a differance...cheers guys much appreciated
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited August 2005
    andysuds wrote:
    downloaded patches and hey presto what a differance...cheers guys much appreciated

Glad to hear your problem is fixed. Now you can max that game out with your 6600GT. Very high on everything and ultra high on water...enjoy Andy
  • edited August 2005
    ronbo wrote:
    Glad to hear your problem is fixed. Now you can max that game out with your 6600GT. Very high on everything and ultra high on water...enjoy Andy

I don't know about that, Ultra High on a 6600gt... Try high and see where it gets you, I remember getting low frames with my 6800.
  • edited August 2005
    Everything Is Going Great,,one Minor Thing Is That There Does Not Seem To Be Any Fish In The Water Or Birds Flying Around,have I Got To Make Any Adjustments To View These
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited August 2005
    andysuds wrote:
    Everything Is Going Great,,one Minor Thing Is That There Does Not Seem To Be Any Fish In The Water Or Birds Flying Around,have I Got To Make Any Adjustments To View These

Andy, you have to have environment quality set to high to see any birds or fish. Go to this link and it will answer all your questions about Far Cry, There are some very good tweaks here ...enjoy
    http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_1.html

most of the settings are on page 5