SM23 is very sick.

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
I believe this screenie will speak for itself and as a result sm23 has been locking up for the last couple of days. I had no idea a computer would run with the 5V rail so low. :eek:

Any spare PSU's? :(

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    TBonZ wrote:
    ...Any spare PSU's? :(
    PM me an address to send it to.

Does it need to be P4 compliant? No problem either way. :)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Thx prof. :)

I've taken SM23 offline until it arrives to prevent any damage to other components. I do have a 300W lying here but I just don't trust it to do the job over the long haul.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Prof, faster than a speeding bullet to the rescue ... to TBonZ.. who noticed a problem right away :eek:

Jeez you hardcore folders are .. err.. hardcore :D
  • edited August 2005
    TBonZ, that old 300 watter should be good enough to test with to make sure that's the problem and not something going south on the mobo. That way you can at least have this tested out until prof gets the new psu to you. :)
    edited August 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    TBonZ, that old 300 watter should be good enough to test with to make sure that's the problem and not something going south on the mobo. That way you can at least have this tested out until prof gets the new psu to you. :)

Already been done. My 5V rail hovers at 4.72V with the 300W. It's most definitely the PSU and not the mobo. :)
    edited August 2005
    Got it out in the mail today. ETA is 4-7 days. :)

I hope this will serve:
    Deer DR-A400ATX ver.B

400W PSU

3.3V rail = 24A
    5V rail = 35A
    12V rail = 12A

I had a very interesting time down at the good old Post Office.

After filling out the customs form I took my little package up to the clerk, who weighed it and asked me how fast I wanted it to get there. He quoted me a rate of just over $60. :eek: I asked him if there was anything cheaper and he said that the cheapest rate would be about $30 - and take 6-10 weeks for it to arrive. (Just in time for Canadian Thanksgiving, if we were lucky...)

I told the guy that for $60 I could drive the sonofagun up there and deliver it myself, meet my old friend Terry in person, and maybe get in a little fishing along the way. Hell, given 6-10 weeks I could friggin' row across Lake Erie and be there before the Postal (dis)Service arrived. I started to leave, thinking that it would make more sense to wire TBonZ the dough and have him buy one locally.

Then I read the fine print on the goofy little 5" LCD screen listing the various rates.

Destination: Turks and Caicos Islands!!! ;D

I had never even heard of the place. (I bet most of you haven't, either.) If I ever need to hide out from the law, that's where I'm going. :hiding:

I pointed out the all-caps, large ONTARIO, CANADA on the customs form and on the address label and suggested to the clerk that he try again. He gave me the "That's-What-The-Machine-Says-I-Just-Work-Here" look made famous by government workers everywhere. By this time the people in line behind me were splitting their time between giving him looks of disdain and eyeing me with suspicion.

After much wrangling, he finally managed to get his precious postal meter to grudgingly agree that Canada does in fact exist, and that one can actually mail small parcels there from Ohio for less than an arm and a leg. Though we'd had our differences, I feel we parted as friends.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    haha i love the story ;D
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2005
    :canflag:

Actually, to add a little Canadian irony to that story.. Turks and Caicos islands wanted to become a Canadian province up until recently, and for whatever reason, we turned them down.. If anyone has experienced our winters.. wtf, who wouldn't want a tropical province.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2005
    :) awesome story.
    edited August 2005
    LOL!!! Good eye prof! ;D:wtf:

Thanks for doing this so quickly, SM23 will be back up in no time. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2005
    Recieved the 400W Deer PSU today and SM23 will be back online today. Thanks for being so quick prof! :thumbsup:

Also, thanks for the folding cards too! They look great. :)
    edited August 2005
    TBonZ wrote:
    ...Thanks for being so quick prof! :thumbsup: ...
    That's what she said... :rolleyes:

It was my pleasure. :D

Also, thanks for the folding cards too! They look great.
    Everyone who's seen them would agree. I expect our (already impressive) Canadian Contingent will be growing soon. :D :canflag:
    edited August 2005
    LOL!! ;D

I'll for sure be handing the cards out to potential's. :thumbsup:

I put the PSU in right after it came and all went well. SM23 has already submitted a WU due to having completed 397/400 frames before the machine powered down. :mullet: