Has the Asus CT-479 ever seen the light of day?

edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I am looking to build a new box for my family. They would appreciate it being very quiet, but they want some features also. A Pentium M desktop sound like a nice balance.
Asus doesn't list it on their website.
I can't find anything but reviews.

Have you ever seen one? Running?

Or has Intel 'asked' them to not make this part?

Comments

• edited August 2005
    Ed they kick much butt, my friend. I just built a P-M rig using the P4C800-E Dlx mobo, a Dothan 1.7 and the CT-479. I'm also using the Zalman 7000 Cu hsf instead of the stock one that comes with the adapter, but the stocker is adequate. I presently have it running (as of a few minutes ago; took it apart to take some pics and I'm not stressing it until the AS5 has had a few hours to start setting in) at 133 X 17. Before I took it apart for pics, I'd been running it at 160 X 15, which is about as high as this Dothan will overclock reliably. Some other folks are getting much better overclocks out of theirs though. The best proc to get for this is actually a Sonoma 730 or 740 (1.6/533 or 1.7/533) instead of the 735 I have as the Sonoma procs run high fsb speeds much better and have an almost certain chance of being able to boot at a 200 fsb speed.

High performance, quiet and doesn't need a zillion watt psu either. ;D

For gaming, check the scores I've posted with it in the benchmarking section, using an X800XT-PE.

EDIT: I got my CT-479 from ZZF myself. :)