Want to Flash BIOS, First Time

edited August 2005 in Hardware
I am thinking of flashing bios, was it simple? how long did it take. reason i ask is that my computer is extremely unstable and freezes without warning sorry if i'm butting in on your thread/post ..dedge

-- Moderator Edit:
Dedge, I split your post and subsequent posts from the previous thread where you had it. Your inquiry will recieve appropriate attention if it is a stand-alone thread. Thanks for joining Short-Media.

Leo

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Dedge,
    do you have a reason to suspect the BIOS is causing the instability and freezes? It very well could be a hardware conflict, your memory, or your PSU.
  • edited August 2005
    hey preacher, not really, this is the first computer i have built. i'm pretty confident about the psu, i swapped it out for their recommended psu for this mbo. i am really at a loss, I am waiting for another stick of ram to arrive, as soon as that gets to me I will do a switch with whats in there. i agree memory could be it and that's why i'm frustrated that my computer refuses to boot from a cd drive. i formulated a memtest disk to test out the memory modules and this disk fired up just fine on 2 other computers. for some reason mine just refuses to even look at another drive. funny though both my optic drives work fine once i have booted from the hard drive. i appreciate your thoughts and am struggling for answers. thanx buddy...dedge