video cards

edited August 2005 in Hardware
ATM i have two video cards to power both of my monitors that i am using it seems to work ok. I used two cards because i had two, but lately I have been wondering if I will get better proformance from a video card that is built to use multimonitors on one card. Does anyone have any idea?

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    depends how old the cards are, if they are old then a new video card with dual monitor outs will give better performance, most likely.
  • edited August 2005
    depends how old the cards are, if they are old then a new video card with dual monitor outs will give better performance, most likely.

i am a radeon 9200 128mb
    and a maddog nvida 64mb both rather cheap cards but i don't play many games
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited August 2005
    You certainly wouldn't see much if any performance increase during standard windows operations. ie: email, web surfing, word stuff.

What else do you use the machine for?
  • edited August 2005
    FormFactor wrote:
    You certainly wouldn't see much if any performance increase during standard windows operations. ie: email, web surfing, word stuff.

What else do you use the machine for?

it seems to have trouble running adobe in-design videos at the same time, such as running in-design on one screen and the helper videos on the other

the system is new hp pavilon with 1 gig ram and amd 64 3300+
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2005
    it may have something to do with the combination of nvidia and ati cards, they're running different driver sets
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    TheBaron wrote:
    it may have something to do with the combination of nvidia and ati cards, they're running different driver sets
    That would be my biggest concern. A newer card with dual-monitor outputs would likely be better; on the flip side, you have already bought and paid for the cards you already have. It really comes down to a question of what it's worth to you to upgrade. :)