How much voltage?

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I cant find it anywhere, but if you can.

I have a gigabyte GA-k8ns-pro socket 754 mobo and i want to know how much voltage i can push to the ram before i go and buy some.

I would just see how far i could push it in the bios but i dont even wanna go look, cause i dont wanna push this ram very far. Not all that sure of how good of ram the patriot stuff is. just a lone 256 ddr 400 stick.

most likely going with OCZ gold 512 x 2 DDR 400. dual channel kit. should be friggin awesome. THought about going with 2 gigs, but i dont have $300+ to put into ram alone.

Comments

• edited August 2005
    It depends on what chips the ddr is using. For TCCD ram, 2.8-2.9v is going to give you it's best performance and more volts won't help it at all, in my experience. DDR using the BH5 ram likes lots of voltage and if you properly cool it can stand upwards of 3.6v with active cooling like a fan blowing across it.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    I was thinking of using the ocz gold vx and its BH5 i believe or was it...anyhow. it needs 3.5, powerhungry little bastards. I may have to back off to the regular gold series. but i think its BH5 too. im not sure...