SM18 gets a memory upgrade

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
In the interest of continuing to be able to get the really large WUs that stanford will only give to computers with 1gig or more, I gave replaced SM18's 2x256 SDRAM with 2x512 DDR, so she's got 1gig now.

Large WUs? Bring 'em on!

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited August 2005
    Great! :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Yee-Haw!! :D
  • edited August 2005
    That's a good idea prime. I got a p750 on -advmethods the other day and the thing was friggin huge, using up to 309 MB ram and it was on the P-M desktop machine I just built. It really dogged the poor thing out with only 512 MB ram installed. It was still usable but very sluggish.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    AWESOME.... SM18 is in good hands...
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2005
    That is what Sally did with SM27 also as soon as the change to 1gig was made. Loaned it a few sticks. :)

SM27 ROCKS. :D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2005
    Yeah we can tell. I just looked at the stats for SM27 and its going at 2700PPW consistently.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    What's this about a 1 GB memory requirement for certain WUs? Is there an article or topic on the details of this somewhere? What are the point values of the really large WUs?

My Barton 2500+ system @ 2.20 Ghz NF-7 V.2.0 has 768 MB RAM, and my twin 533 Celeron @ 600 Abit BP6 also has 768 MB RAM in it.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Good thinking, prime & Sally! Now I wish IC_11 had more than 128mb of RAM :(
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Good thinking, prime & Sally! Now I wish IC_11 had more than 128mb of RAM :(
    You've got a PM. :D
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    That's a good idea prime. I got a p750 on -advmethods the other day and the thing was friggin huge, using up to 309 MB ram and it was on the P-M desktop machine I just built. It really dogged the poor thing out with only 512 MB ram installed. It was still usable but very sluggish.

How quickly was that beast folding? What speed is the P-M?