Gamestop Fullscreen...

NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I'm cruising throught the mall (indoor) and I went into Game Stop. I'm looking at games and saw that they had quite a few games for sale. I looked through them and found a brand spanking new (except for the box) copy of Enter the Matrix for $4.99! I had to buy it. I thought that my graphics card (Onboard Legacy) could handle it. Not so much. When I installed it (30 minutes of pure picture and loading bliss) I tried to run it but got the "Fullscreen mode not found" error. I called support and found out that I could not play it with my graphics card. I figured: either I go buy a new graphics card and install it on my current PC (Dell) or I wait until I have built my own PC (I'm gonna' name it War Machine).

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Don't bother spending money on the dell. You don't have an AGP slot, so the best you can get will not be good enough. Just build the war machine :D (we'll help)
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited August 2005
    Thanx! :D I won't let you down, Skipper... :eek:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    If you want a cheap socket A rig, I believe my friend is selling a 9800Pro, 3000+, 1gig pc3200, and an A7N8x (i think that's the mobo he's got). If you're interested, I can get the specifics, and what price he'd like for it. You'll need a case and power supply.
    edited August 2005
    I'm always interested...
    edited August 2005
    checkmate, drop me a PM/e-mail/IM with your e-mail addy so that I can put you in touch with my friend who is selling the computer.
    edited August 2005
    shwaip wrote:
    If you want a cheap socket A rig, I believe my friend is selling a 9800Pro, 3000+, 1gig pc3200, and an A7N8x (i think that's the mobo he's got). If you're interested, I can get the specifics, and what price he'd like for it. You'll need a case and power supply.
    What do you think, Prime? Sound good to you?
    edited August 2005
    If you talk to him, you can get the exact specs and the price he's looking for. It'll be easier to pass judgement once you know that stuff.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    It's better than my system :D
    edited August 2005
    Yes, it's true. I use a mac.

That's not that much of a feat though :p
    edited August 2005
    shwaip wrote:
    If you talk to him, you can get the exact specs and the price he's looking for. It'll be easier to pass judgement once you know that stuff.
    Good point... I was asking Prime what his thoughts were because Prime is my homeboy... like on those shirts... wait... I've got an idea... ;D