New Beast is Finally Roaring!

FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
edited August 2005 in Hardware
Finally, with a new beta bios, my K8WE is roaring!! This dog WILL hunt!!

Comments

• paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited August 2005
    Wow... just wow. :wow:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Jeeminy... :wow2:
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited August 2005
    It's not as fast as Tex's atto that he post every now and again, but it'll work. CAD files now open almost as fast as jpegs!! It's absolutely amazing!! Backing up takes less time too, a byproduct of sub 3ms access times, I guess.

The problem comes in when I realize that I am a speed junkie and the next upgrade is going to be r e a l l y e x p e n s i v e!!!! ;D;D
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited August 2005
    actually the next upgrade isnt that bad Brad. Your going to bump to the 320-2e from the 320-2x.

PCI-E. The new raid controller frontier.

I been paying HALF the price basicaly to upgrade. $200 for new controller. Sell old one for $400. Works sweet actually. not enough people want pci-e versions yet. Supply and demand...

And BTW..

Nice rig and nice ATTO also

Tex
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited August 2005
    Yea, for some reason this board has much better I/O than the S2885 that I had before. There was nothing I could do with the all AMD chipset board to get the writes up to 250 let alone the reads to over 400. I thought it was all going to be memory/processor limited (on the controller card) but it seems that the mother board's abilities play in there too. It could be because the AMD chip's only job is the PCI-X tunnel...no AGP or PCI or other mundane tasks!! Who knows. All I know is I LOVE it!!!

I was thinking of skipping the PCI-e and going straight to serial attached SCSI. Now THAT will be expensive!!! But I get to wait as it's still teething now and the hardware is anything but mature enough for me to stick anything critical on it. Oh, but if I had the time to play.............