dvd rom/cdrw combo doesn't recognize dvd cloner II software

edited August 2005 in Hardware
I recently replaced defective DVD ROM drive with combo DVD/CDRW drive and DVD Cloner II will not recognize discs placed in new combo drive, making software unusable. any suggestions appreciated. thanks much. however, new drive does recognize discs when I use DVD X Copy to clone. confusing.

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    First off, let me say welcome to the site and im glad that you found us. Hope you stay around and become part of the family.

Okay, your being a little vague here...do you mean that it doesnt automatically open the program, because is that is the case, then you can simply open the program, then proceed.

If you open the program and it doesnt reconize the disc then that program may not be compatible with your drive, which is odd. What brand name/model of drive is it. That will help a lot. And then I'll go check and see if I can find a list of supported drives on their site for you.
  • edited August 2005
    thanks for response. I have been using software successfully for months with former DVD ROM drive. when I insert disc into combo drive, I get error message, "no valid disc found" my recorder is Liteon 1673 and has formerly been working beautifully with DVDCloner II software. thanks again.
  • edited August 2005
    the combo drive is Lite-on 5235K. thanks for help
    edited August 2005
    here is the list of supported burners...LIST, the site is a little slow loading but its their. other than that im not sure what the issue could be.
  • edited August 2005
    Andy, thanks much for your input. at this point, I'm seriously considering eliminating combo drive, although I am not sure it is at fault since DVD X Copy Platinum works greatwith it.
    edited August 2005
    There isnt a whole lot wrong with combo drives, so if you wanna replace it, the NEC 3540 is a GREAT DVD burner for around $43, im personally putting one in my rig and just about everyone on this forum can tell you how good of a drive they are. I have 2 in my friends computers and one in my uncles. Only thing is they are a little on the noisy side.