DVD burner problem

edited August 2005 in Hardware
I have a emachines T6410 PC, it came with DVD burner
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B. I bought some 16x DVD-Rs. The maximum speed I can burn is 4x. Why it is not 16x? Please help.

Recordable DVD Drive Speeds
4x DVD+R DL;
16x8x16 DVD+RW;
16x6x16 DVD-RW;
40x24x40 CD-RW

Comments

• FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited August 2005
    Here is the manufacturers web site for your burner which shows an "updater" for your drive. I, however, make no representations as to whether it will fix anything, but you may find more info on the site.

http://www.bhacorp.com/download/utilities/dvdram.html

Good luck,

Flint
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    What software are you using?
  • edited August 2005
    I am using NERO express 6.
    edited August 2005
    K_Squad wrote:
    I am using NERO express 6.
    Makes sure you've updated it to the latest release. You might want to look around in the settings, too. Sometimes it's as simple as changing the default recording speed.

You might also buy a small amount of 16X discs of another brand (like a three-pack, or something), just to make sure it's not an issue with the brand you have now.

I think your best bet might be Flintstone's links to updated driver and (possibly) firmware software. :)
  • edited August 2005
    I did the firmware update from A101 to A105 from LG website. That did not make any difference. Its still at x4 max.

I also downloaded the DVD RAM driver update file from flintstone's link. but when i run DVD RAM driver update i get messege saying "DVD-RAM driver to be updated is not installed. cancelling the setup program."

How can I update driver?
    edited August 2005
    K_Squad wrote:
    ...when i run DVD RAM driver update i get message saying "DVD-RAM driver to be updated is not installed. cancelling the setup program."

How can I update driver?
    You may be closing in on the answer; it sounds like the drivers were not all there to begin with.

Look for a full version driver pack.