I love my Modstream PSU, but I have one issue.

jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
edited August 2005 in Hardware
It doesnt come with 2 cables for graphics cards...only 1. Theirs 2 plugs, but only 1 cable. =(

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    jradmin,

I'm looking to sort this out for you. Sit tight.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited August 2005
    On the OCZ site, the package comes that way. The other plug is for the SATA drive cable to plug into. It would still be awesome if they enclosed aother PCIE cable though since both plugs are the same. It would definately give me more power options because as it stands now, I have the following power cable config:

1 CDRW
    1 DVD/CDRW combo
    1 HDD (I've got 2, but no more room for the second unless I use an ugly splitter)
    1 FDD
    2 7800GTX
    1 Asus A8N MOBO connection

The cables that come with the modstream are 1 single connect 4 pin molex, 2 dual connect molex, 1 single connect with FDD connect molex, 1 PCIE, 1 dual connect SATA. Right now I have one of the dual connector molex's connected to one of the 7800 cards because of my SLI system and it takes away from my ability to not have to use a splitter. I know that probably sounds a little wierd :) But as cool as all the OCZ stuff looks, I dont wanna detract from my systems hawtness by adding some cruddy looking connector.

If I have to pay for an extra PCIE cable then I dont have any problems doing that.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Send me an email with a link to this thread and i'll sort you out with an extra cable. Email is in the signature.