eXtreme Raid and XP problem

ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
edited September 2005 in Hardware
heres the low down, yesterday morning the amchine froze, so i reset it and left for work, i came home and it was STILL LOADING XP. i tried repair installations, deleting the windows folder, adn formatting the whole drive.

what happens is windows loads fine until i get it to load the RAID 5 controler drivers. windows will freeze trying to load windows witht he raid array powered up.

when i unplug the array and start XP it will load in. ie noticed it blows up after you intall the raid and it tries to detect it in disk managment. it freezes mmc in the process and you have to restart windows, then XP wont loa, fun huh?

is there ANY WAY to get the 300+ gigs of data off of my raid 5 array? it will not mount it into disk managment. i dont know why.

bios still see's the raid array and it says its healthy and no problems, XP seesit when you first install the drivers and utility, BUT disk managment explodes when you try to view its contents.

i assume that whn you create an array it generates some arbitrary number that the machine uses to ID the array and its non transferable to installs of XP im not so worried about alot of the stuff, but theres about 200 gigs of stuff I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE.

can ANYone ( tex ) help ( tex ) me ( tex ) ?

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited September 2005
    using the silicon image tool, can i "create a new raid array" and mount that to a drive letter and get my data back?
    edited September 2005
    holy crap i got it glued together, im getting all my data off right now.
    edited September 2005
    *update*

oh i see what happened, XP exploded when a drive in the array died, so the array still works, i just gotta get a replacement for the dead drive.