Greatest Gaming Mouse!!!

07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
edited September 2005 in Hardware
Im going to buy a gaming mouse soon and want to know what is the best mouse for gaming. I have been reading up alot on MX1000 and MX510/18.

I like the idea of wireless but ppl are complaining the wireless feature is creating cursor lag and causing problems for fast twitch games that i play alot, like CS, Battlefield 2.

People love their wired MX510/18 and hate wirless, or visa-versa. I think this is due to peoples bad experience with wirless. I personally like the MX1000 although a bit heavy but am leaning towards this.

What are your opinions as i want to buy the best mouse first time, and a fast gaming mouse.

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I had the MX1000 laser and the MX510 right now. I loved my wireless and couldnt be told different, But i bought a 510 just for the heck of it to try it out, Ill never go back away from wired for a gaming mouse
  • 07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
    edited September 2005
    Ill never go back away from wired for a gaming mouse

Is there anyhting wrong with wireless for gaming? Or is MX510 just superior? Does the weight difference cause problems for gaming?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    You might want to look at Logitech's new wireless gaming mouse, the G7, or their wired equivalent, the G5

I use an MX1000 and I play games like that. works great.
  • edited September 2005
    I really like my mx518, It's really not that expensive and you can change DPI on the fly. Works really well for FPS. I think wireless is coming along, I think it really depends on what you want to do...I tried a wireless for a bit a year or two ago and you really don't get the same response in FPS...at least I felt I was lagging behind a little, I think it probably comes down to personal preference.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    MX1000 laser from logitech...enough said
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    fatcat6 wrote:
    MX1000 laser from logitech...enough said
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited September 2005
    I've been using an MX510 since (literally) the day it came out. Just a few weeks ago I got myself an MX3100 set, which includes the MX1000. I'm quite happy. After an initial day or two of hand cramps (new style mouse), it's great. At first I thought I could detect a fractional lag, but I think I was psyching myself out.

The only complaint I have so far is you can't program the window switch button to Minimize All :( Minimize Window works, but Minimize All on the mouse is such a habit now, and it's really way easier.

The charge lasts 5-7 days about. And the blue color is way cooler looking than the silver... at least I think so :)
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2005
    I've been using my MX510 for several months now, and I love it. It was dirt cheap (only like 30 bux canadian), and it is very fast and accurate. Improved my hl2dm game :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    entropy wrote:
    The charge lasts 5-7 days about.

i must not use my mouse much then...prolly 4-5hrs/day and my mouse charge lasts at least 2 weeks if not more
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I have a GE 5-button optical mouse. Works perfect, and it's $10 at Micro Center. Never any lag, and always just as sensitive as I need. Its only issue is that I often accidentally hit button 4 (on the left side) because that's where I rest my thumb. It's not a problem because it's usually not mapped to anything in games.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I had a terrible experience with the Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer that pretty much turned me off on wireless anything in general. I used a MX500 for a long time, then moved up the an MX510 with a slightly noticable increase in pointer accuracy. I have an MX518 now, but I can't really notice the difference between it and my MX510 except it has some buttons that let you adjust sensitivity on the fly (useful).

-drasnor :fold:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    heh heh heh...taking it back to the ball mouse. M-CAB48A from logitech...I still use it, works great aside from the weekly cleaning of the ball and wheels that is needed. You all are spoiled with your fancy laser mouses. Wish I could afford one and be spoiled too ;D;D
  • CrimguyCrimguy Cave Creek, AZ
    edited September 2005
    I have a MX1000. My only issue with it is that it doesn't play nice with KVM's.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited September 2005
    logitech seems to be bias aginst lt handed people

the only one I can use is the 310

I like my raser diamonback red, made for any hand:)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    im left handed...I guess i use the computer as a right handed person though.

i just thought that everyone used their right hand for the mouse. all of my left handed friends use the mouse normally..
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited September 2005
    ;D I can use my rt hand , but I am alot better at it with my lt tho
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited September 2005
    mx 510 ftw