A planet...

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Internet & Media
Decided to give it a go, been dorking around in PS lately trying to get peices for my portfolio since I have nothing anymore. This planet is gonna be used in a bigger peice... a space scene. Red giants, planets, astriods, a galaxy view, all in one shot. I see it all over the place, decided to see how hard it is. So far, not so hard :p

Nova's are a bit harder though, tried creating a cool background for this image and it takes alot of work to do very little. Planets are easy though :D

So some real info? This was 99% Hand painted, spherized, embossed, and added in a picture of a spiders web for fun. Many many layers, and 2.5 hours later, here is the result.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Just realized I forgot my clouds, I wanted clouds damnit!!! ;D I'll do it tomorrow :p
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited September 2005
    looks cool, job well done
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2005
    Looks awesome man!
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Are you using Greg Martin's guides to complete this stuff? A friend of mine did a few like this and they turned out amazing. I'd never have the patience to do it. :shakehead

Great work! :thumbsup:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited September 2005
    Very nice but if you don't mind a little criticism? There are (at least) four curved lines near the top that don't look natural. Other than that :thumbsup:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    There's a spiders web embossed on it, was gonna be a city like part. Needs some more work I guess.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Either way.... looks AWESOME. You are really good with that stuff. :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I like it. I honestly didn't notice those lines until they were pointed out by bothered, but your explanation makes sense.