pc crashes...after installing new wireless optical deskset

azzzulazzzul New
edited September 2005 in Hardware
Hi Short-Media team! :)

I have visited this forum before, asking for help because of spyware. This is not why I’m here now. I hope this might be the right place for posting this message?

All was well with my desktop when, about a month ago, I bought a TRUST wireless optical DESKSET (keyboard and mouse) with PS/2 connection.

Immediately after I connected the deskset problems started.
First, it was just the mouse pointer that would freeze. But I could reboot using the keyboard.
But then the keyboard also would freeze and I could only reboot through the reset button.

I downloaded updated versions of the drivers and it kept happening.

And then I decided to get back to my old keyboard and mouse and to my despair I found out that it was happening with these too!!??

Wondering if it was some problem with corrupted drivers I installed them again.
The crashing went on!

Then wondering if windows files got corrupted I tried that windows file protection command SFC /SCANNOW.
The crashing went on!

Then in total despair I decided that it would be a good idea to install windows again and I did it – once trying to keep the files and a second time formatting the whole drive C.
The crashing went on!

I now have the desktop with only windows installed and an empty disk and it keeps crashing whether I’m using the old desktop/mouse or the new deskset.

Can it be possible that after using the reset button so many times something physical got damaged? :(:(:confused:

Could any of you give me a hint of what might have happened and what I should do?

Thank you so much!!