I need raw images from you guys...

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Internet & Media
I don't have a camera anymore since it was stolen, plus it wasn't all that great anyways. That's besides the point though.

I am wanting to try out some "Matte Paintings", I am curious if any of you have any imagery or pictures you've taken that I can use, good quality and possibly in RAW format if possible. Large sizes too. Landscapes, canyons, houses, castles, whatever I can get my hands on would be nice.

If you don't know what matte painting is, you basically take an image and give it more. For example adding a car into scene... but being more creative you take a barren landscape and turn it into a beautiful place with magic and castles. That's the idea anyways, and most the images I find on the internet are just too compressed and not fun to work with. Of course, I'd be willing to do favors(keep it legal! ;D ) for anyone who helps.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    By "raw" images I hope we're both talking about the same thing... ;D

Let me see what I can find for you. :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Practically all I take is outdoor scenery shots. But, my camera is only a 3 megapixel and it writes directly to JPEG (although some can be/have been stitched into panoramas that are very wide). If you want some, let me know.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Take a look at my pictures HERE and HERE. They are mostly mountain pictures... very nice meadows for a castle.

I have the original JPG images. They are 2 MB each, so there should be big enough for some nice editing. Let me know which pictures you want and I'll send you the full images.

-Q
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Thanks guys! Prof that would be awsome, and QCH those images are beautiful!

QCH2002 I am curious if I find any images I wanna use, you say you have the higher resolution images still? These might be good as I can peice them together on practically infinite scale and make a HUGE image, but in case I see something I wanna have up close?

Gargoyle that panorama is really nice, and way longer than I expected ;D I just kept on scrolling revealing even more image haha
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Yep... much better quality. The big pictures are under 200 KB. The originals are 2300KB each. 2600 x 2000 resolution. Let me know the file name and I can post the original image.