Video problem - blank window

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited September 2005 in Internet & Media
I really don't know what's going on but i have some serious problems when trying to play videofiles. It started when i was using k-lite codec pack. I got no picture in videos just audio. Now i had every codec installed but yet it failed. What's even funnier is that it's affecting mpg files as well. I thought that those didn't need codecs.

I removed the codec pack and switched to ace mega codec pack. Yet the problem persisted. Then i ran regsupreme hoping it would clean my registry. It did but not the problem. Funny thing it that while i've tried several apps if i open a file in say windows mediaplayer which shows a blank window. Then pause it and open the same file in mediaplayer classic all the sudden i've got picture. :confused:

Yet if i close both windows then reopen mpc the picture is gone. I 've tried reinstalling several versions of the codec pack yet non work. Where's the problem; codec, drivers what. Just when i think my computer is working again a simple thing like playing back movies fail.

Comments

• EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited September 2005
    I forgot to say that i even uninstalled and reinstalled wmp 10 but that didn't help either
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited September 2005
    WEll at last i solved it. I was sitting here watching videos like usuall when i suddely remembered about my tv. Since the computer is connected to it i have the option to switch display mappings. If in one mode still pictures appear just fine in the tv but videos have black windows in them. In the other ther revers is true, black in comp display working in tv.

I switched on my tv on the correct channel and yep there was my desktop and even the video that was playing but with image. :rolleyes: :shakehead :bawling:

That was my problem all along. Oh well. :o
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    I'm glad you figured it out. :)

I'm also sorry that no one (myself included) was able to offer any help. :(

Next time, buddy. :D