BSOD, Now won't boot.

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited September 2005 in Hardware
I've got a huge problem with my computer right now. I was afk, and when I came back to my computer there was a BSOD. So I restarted the computer, and after a long time, it booted into windows and froze. I restarted again and it was fine for a couple minutes. After a few minutes though, it froze and then showed me another BSOD. Ever since then, I haven't been able to go back into Windows. It posts and sits at the Windows XP Home Edition loading screen for a few minutes, then just restarts. Its done that over and over.

I reset the CMOS, but it still does the same thing. I'm thinking it has something to do with my very highly overclocked video card, but I don't know what to do! Please help!! This is very urgent :bawling:

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited September 2005
    Also, I was just told to reset the video card by turning the computer off, taking out the video card, rebooting the computer, shutting down the computer, and then replacing the video card. This still did not fix the problem :(
    Boot from xp cd , select repair. When c: prompt comes up type - CHKDSK and press enter . wait until it finishes scan .
    At the next c: prompt type- FIXBOOT .
    Well I did that and when I ran FIXBOOT it said there was a corrupt boot sector, so it made a new one. This time, it booted into Windows (thank goodness). So for now, I guess this is fixed.

Why did this happen though? I think just Launchcast+ was playing while I was away from the computer. How does a boot sector corrupt? Did it have anything to do with my OCed video card? Should I overclock it again?
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited September 2005
    omgosh... well now that the boot problem is fixed, I have another problem. I can't get my DSL Modem's Internet light to light up, so I can't connect to anything. I'm on the phone with SBC right now:(