Help With My Raid Controller!!

edited September 2005 in Hardware
I have a Silicon Image Sil 0680 Medley ATA Raid Controller, and I also have a Western Digital wd200 20gb hard drive. Ther hard drive came out of a 1.1 celeron gateway computer containing windows me. I am trying to hook up the hard drive to my controller in my dell, so I can format it and set it back up in the gateway for a family member of mine. I hooked it up to the controller and I see the hard drive at boot up, I also see the hard drive in device manager in my disk drives category, and I see the hard drive in my Silicon Image configurate. But, I don't see the hard drive in my computer or computer management. What am I doing wrong??? :(

I have a Dell 2.8ghz P4 HT, 1.0gb ram, 80bg serial hard drive, 2- 80gb Seagate ide hard drives, 1 (attempting) Western Digital 20gb hard drive, HP lightscribe burner, dvd +/- cd/rw, cd/dvd rom, ati x300, sound blaster 24-bit sound card, onboard intel ethernet

Comments

• edited September 2005
    I have a Silicon Image Sil 0680 Medley ATA Raid Controller, and I also have a Western Digital wd200 20gb hard drive. Ther hard drive came out of a 1.1 celeron gateway computer containing windows me. I am trying to hook up the hard drive to my controller in my dell, so I can format it and set it back up in the gateway for a family member of mine. I hooked it up to the controller and I see the hard drive at boot up, I also see the hard drive in device manager in my disk drives category, and I see the hard drive in my Silicon Image configurate. But, I don't see the hard drive in my computer or computer management. What am I doing wrong???

I have a Dell 2.8ghz P4 HT, 1.0gb ram, 80bg serial hard drive, 2- 80gb Seagate ide hard drives, 1 (attempting) Western Digital 20gb hard drive, HP lightscribe burner, dvd +/- cd/rw, cd/dvd rom, ati x300, sound blaster 24-bit sound card, onboard ethernet intel