Problem Restoring Compaq

Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
edited September 2005 in Hardware
I have a compaq presario 7360 that has crashed and burned and needs to be fixed ASAP.(Its win98) I don't have any cds for it but there is a system partition that has 1.5 gb of data on it.

I have searched compaq/hp's website with no luck as to how to access this partition and if this would have the restore software on it. I know HPs have the restore partition you can access with F10 but this doesn't work on this computer.

I tried putting the drive in my computer as a slave but its some weird setup and my computer doesn't see the partion, just the volume. Nor does a standard 98 boot disk work with this drive.

I could wipe the whole drive clean and repartition but if that system partition is accessable I would REALLY like to use that so I can get all the drivers and software that was included with the system back.

Thoughts and/or Ideas?

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited September 2005
    You don't need those drivers. They are way out of date anyway. The ones from compaqs website would be the way to go.

But you need an OS cd of some type

Tex
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited September 2005
    Right now i am not to concerned about the drivers but the software that was included like microsoft works. I think at this point I am just going to wipe the hard drive and reinstall from a standard windows disk and figure something else out for that additional software.

Thanks for the input