Outlook 2003 help

gtghmgtghm New
edited July 2007 in Science & Tech
Ok, for the past week or so, and I don't know what or why it changed, but some of my messages are not down loading completely.

What happends is I will get them in the inbox pane shown in bold but off to the side of some of them is a tiny evenvelope with the upper right corner folded down "dog eared" then in the next column where it normaly shows either a yellow closed evenlope "for unread" or white opened evenlpoe "for read" there is a tiny telephone with a little arrow pointing to the yellow evenlope.

When I click on the message in my inbox the reading pane is soldly greyed out completely, with a sentance in the upper left corner of the area that says [qoute]"This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. The item has not been recieved from the server."[/quote]

So I can right click on the message in the inbox and I get 4 choices
Open - (which if I do that I get a remote item header box that gives me some more choices)
Mark to Download Message
Mark to Download Message Copy
Delete

If I choose any of the last 3 outlook takes the From line and over strikes a line through it and then eventually the message either is deleted or down loads...

So now that I have described whats going on how do I get it to stop doing this...? its driving me crazy... I don't want to have to select certian messages and tell outlook that I want to DNL them to my inbox... Whats the point of that...?

Like I said I don't know what it changed, it never used to be that way...

It's only started since reciently.

The only things that I have changed on my system since is...

Installed MSN (switching to QWEST DSL and I wanted to see what is was all about)

Installed PalmOne sync software (just got a PalmOne Tungsten E2 very nice)

However, since I discovered my litte outlook irritation I have removed all of the software for both and now I still have the outlook problem and I can't figure out how to make it stop...

Please help,
"g"

Here is a pic

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    Under Accounts>>Properties, check the Server and Connection area for each account and see what they are set to.

Do you have multiple accounts? If so, is the problem only occuring with some of them?
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2005
    I have 2 pop3 accounts. Looking under the account properties under the server are set as they have always been one requireing server auth and the other not.

under the connection both are set to "connect using my local area network.

I can't tell but it loks like I am getting it form both accounts, and not on every email.

Thanks,
    "g"
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2005
    I sent test emails to both accounts and none of the emails came back with the little phone thingy. Tried by sending emails from each one to the other as well as sending them from and to themselves...

This is a very odd thing...

Thanks,
    "g"
    edited September 2005
    Can you see enough of the trashed emails to tell where they're coming from?

My Adelphia spam filter went a little whacko on me a while back and was trashing all sorts of stuff. It's server-side, and my only options are "Off" and "On".... :rolleyes:
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2005
    Well I'm not sure, I think I fixed it not sure what I did though.

In the account properties I changed the Download complete item includeing attachments which also included a box that was checked that said "Download only headers for items larger than ___ then you choose the KB size which was set fo 10.

I unchecked that and seems to be fine now...

I'll report back if there is still trouble,
    "g"
    edited September 2005
    From what you describe I'd bet that was it. :thumbsup:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Beat me to it, that's the option :)
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2005
    Thanks guys

:)
  • edited July 2007
    plz. check Whether you have installed BlueSoleil / Bluetooth / Mobile Phone Software; which uses outlook sync service can cause this problem.

try after uninstalling those s/w.