Can't game!

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited September 2005 in Folding@Home
Whenever i am folding and i try to play a game the following happens: First the game comes up and then minimizes, then it pops up and minimizes again. It does this a few times and then it wont even let me open the game again. So then i have to exit out of the folding program if i want to play a game, and then finally i can play. It does this for all of my games (bf2, cs source, half life 2, halo. ect...) Is this a well known issue, or is my computer just being retarded?

:cheers:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    If you're using the graphical client (red cog :fold: down by the clock), the easy way out is to switch to the console version.

I'm not a big gamer, but when I used to run the graphical version this happened at times. It seems to me that it was only in OpenGL-based games, though.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2005
    So whats the difference between the graphical client and the console version, other than they look different? Is one easier to use than the other?
    edited September 2005
    They are about equally easy to set up. To monitor progress with the console you'll need a program like Electron Microscope. :)
    edited September 2005
    alright, ill switch to console for nowand see what its like.

edited September 2005
    Just make sure you disable the graphical version so it doesn't load on startup. Otherwise, you'd have F@H running twice - at half-speed each.

You might also check the progress of your current WU. You wouldn't want to pull the plug on one that was nearly finished. :)
    edited September 2005
    right now im 1275/2500 so ill wait til tommorow when this one should be done.