Tell me this dosnt look like what i think it is...

ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
edited September 2005 in Hardware
:bawling: :bawling:

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2005
    dying videocard?
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited September 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo..........................

damnit
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    sorry dude, but yeah, it's either overheating, or just plain dying :(
    edited September 2005
    :hiding: what kind of card is it? please dont say anything above x800/6800
    edited September 2005
    6800gt, lol device manager says "device couldnt start" wow
    edited September 2005
    ok im confused now, so whats wrong with it. I understand it said "couldn't start" but is that a sign of a dying card?

man im sorry, i went through the same thing with my nvidia 5700 LE, although its not quite the same thing, im going to cry now too. :bawling:
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Check to make sure the fan isn't seized on it (I've seen that before) and try cooling it a bit more if you can but you are prolly in trouble.
  • edited September 2005
    Are you overclocking the card by any chance? If so, immediately back the overclock off of it and see if it clears up.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2005
    Yeah, definitely check your card cooler, and case temps etc, as mentioned above, back off your overclock.

Remove and clean the card, ensure there is no foreign debris on it, or excessive dust. You can use a little bit of rubbing alcohol to clean it, if need be..

Hopefully your card is under warranty?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    OK, so now I know that if my video card is dying, one of the signs of video corruption is a skull with eyeballs on my desktop. May I never see the day!

Sorry about your luck, Armo. :(
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    An old geforce did that when I OC'd it too far, and my current Radeon does that only 100x more hardcore whenever I unplug and replug the monitor.

If it's not something simple like too much OC or a siezed fan, I'd look into warranty replacement, if you have that option.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited September 2005
    If its OC'd and that fan isnt moving fast enough then thats most likley your problem.

How long have you had the card? If its been over a year then you may wanna try re-seating it. Also, check for things like dust in the GPU fan. I had an EVGA that would give me troubles because the fan was gradually slowing down on it and it would just get to damn hot.
    edited September 2005
    i got the RMA information and ive got 2 weeks before its viod, theres no OC, if the drivers worked i could tell you the temp, but i never saw it get higher than ~58C in the nvida control pannel thing. 58C dosnt seem too hot to me, lol

it started articafting about a week ago but i didnt think that much of it. it stoped dooing it when i turned coolmon off. ill try reseating the card. but i dont really think thats gonna sove much after the screen kept flickering on and off in a fairly timed maner, i mean it did it at a constant speed, on-off-on-off not sparaticly. unfortunatly i dont have the option for cash back, i would get a 7800gt. oh well.

lol, yea the skull is a dead give away your hardware is dying. ;D

edit// oh yea the cards about 2 months old, lol