I want to say something about OCZ.

jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
edited September 2005 in Hardware
They rock. I would have posted this in the Support room, but its not really a support post.

I got an OCZ 520W Modstream PSU for my new rig, and man does it work with no problems at all. The only thing I was diheartened about was the fact that it came with 2 plugs on it that would hold a PCIE cable, but only one PCIE power cable. The other plug was for a SATA drive cable. I was recomending the PSU in the support forum, and the only thing I could think of that wasnt in the box was a second PCIE cable for SLI systems.

Well...guess what I have in my hands today? A PCIE cable. I just wanna thank Mackanz and OCZ for being such a kickass company. I wish more component companies were this good with customer support and satisfaction. Any high proformance system I make for customers and for myself from now on will have OCZ parts in em :) Thats my way of saying thanks for thinking about the customer.

Comments

• RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited September 2005
    I can second that for their RAM :)
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2005
    Yep, I'm on my second dual channel set from OCZ, and I have nothing but great things to say about them! :thumbsup:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Thank you jradmin for those words. Our memory is pretty similar to the competition, but we beat them on support instead. Thats' our goal.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    All I can say is that OCZ is "Most Excelence" in words of my friends. I have the 520 watt modstream and 1.5 gigs (3* 512mb) of platinum rev 2 mem in my system.

Soon as my DVD drive is rma'd and back in my computer I will get everything on my computer and get this ram pumping out 2-2-2-5 1t hopefully.

The psu is great. only thing is can say is that the motherboard cable is REALLY stiff. and I have a really small atx case, so it was a chore to bend the cable and get it to fit. But I plan on buying a new case sometime in the future with a little bit more room and a better paintjob. and give my case to my brother and put a sempron system togetther for him, since I have 512 megs of ram left over from the 2 dual channel kits of ram that i bought. (my board only has 3 dimms, thought it had 4) and he'll also get my old antec truepower 330.