SM28 has finished it's first WU.

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Folding@Home
and while I am impatiently waiting for the score server to update, so that I may create a sig panel, I thought I would deliver those pics that I promised.

1. This is my office (used to be GH's room).

2. This is the case that Prime sent me to house SM28 in, with just the MB.

3. This is Gawain the Grey in his usual spot from which to observe what I'm doing in the office. Notice that just sitting next to 'Civilization: The Boardgame' can make one drowsy.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    awesome News...keep that thing working!!!!!!! you never know what tower might just be folding a cure????
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    4. This is the computer with all the bits fitted together. I thought I might never find a use for the nine-inch, 'copper', single-device, rounded IDE cable.

5. Here's SM28 all put together.

6. and here it is purring softly in it's new home: a place of high honor beside my desk. Note the 'thing' that I won at SMLAN. I found some very nice software, and it now does exactly what I wanted it to do
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    That's awesome that it displays the progress on the front panel :thumbsup:
    edited September 2005
    It is sweet.

This proggy I found for it lets me display a certain line from a specific text file, if I want, so I told it to display line 5 of the info file, and it keeps me posted about the progress without having to use a KVM switch.

I also shared the Folding directory, so that I can look at the logfile whenever I need to.

When I won that panel, I thought I wouldn't find a use for it, but that was before I knew I was getting SM28.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Nice display!!!! Glad to see SM28 up and running in Shummy Hewitt's honor...

:smokin:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Ya I have a few of those displays "not that brand" but ..they are awesome, I usually have them displaying Ram Usage and GPU/CPU usage along with temps while Im in games.....no more having to minimize. I love them.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited September 2005
    Nice pics! How much does one of those display panel things cost? I need to get one of those :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    The "thing" in action! Nice! :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Nice pics! (you must have used somebody else's camera ;D )

Here ya go: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=152137
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2005
    "Thing Rules". :thumbsup:

Congrats on your first WU. Lets hope for many more, CB. :)
    edited September 2005
    SS: I'm not sure how much that 'thing' cost. I think it came from MediaMan, but I'm pretty sure the company sent it to him to review, so nobody payed for it... 'prettysure'. The company that made it is SilverStone. They don't seem to have the price on the website, but I'm sure you can find it somewheres... 'prettysure'

GH: No that was my crappy ol' 1mp camera (almost a decade old now, I got it when 1mp was hot). I found that the pics look okay if I take them at 'very high resolution' (1200x900), then scale them down to 800x600....

'prettysure'...
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited September 2005
    yea ummm.... LIONSINABUCKETATETHEPICTURES!