Is it plugged in???

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Hardware
Well, you may have heard this when you are trying to use a blender persay, and it won't work. So your friend asked a simple question, "Is it plugged in?" and of course, you are insulted, of course its plugged in, do I look stupid to you, how could of I not remembered to plug it in?

Well I did, except it was a DVD burner, well, it was sorta plugged in, but I guess the molex conncetor had wiggled loose somehow, and the connector was just barely on there.

Now you may be thinking I'm stupid seeing as I said again and again how everything was plugged in, quite shortly, it looked as though it was. it was only until I was slidding it out to pack up and ship out, that I noticed the power connector had slipped right out, I thought, "hmphh, oh well" but a few second later the wheels started turning, I thought, that shouldnt have came out that easily.. so I slid the drive back and a FIRMLY attached the molex connector to the drive. Lord and behold it works.

Now I'm sure im gonna get plenty of flac for telling a few people that I knew how to plug a simple dvd burner in, and how to use it. and I automatically assummed that if the green led lit when I tried to eject the drive that it was getting power. I did not think that the ide bus carried enough voltage to light an led. :banghead:...The DVD drive :Pwned: me.