BSOD STOP error when networking.

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Every time I try to run network wizard on my new system I get the BSOD and this STOP error:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP 0x000000D1 (0x600000EC, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x458458D4)

I am running AMD 64 x2 4400+
ASUS A8N-E Mobo with:
( Network Adapter: Nvidia nForce Network Adapter )
( Nvidia Network Bus Enumerator )

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited September 2005
    you probly have bad network drivers

or bad ram
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    IRQL is an interupt request or something similar. Its how a componet or another ask for processor allocation and time so that its process can be completed.

I would say bad drivers., yep, I just looked up each of the individual codes on google. and most of them were associated with driver problems, and one was associated with a querry to be busy and it wasnt, that prob means it thought the processor would be busy and it wasnt.

Now take all this info and forget it, cause it means very little to you. Make sure your drivers support the os and make sure they are the newest that are available.
  • edited September 2005
    Well. I attempted to do this:
    http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
    (Platform nforce drivers; nforce AMD; Windows XP )
    and when I install I get another BSOD ( Tried to access non executable memory )
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited September 2005
    I have seen this happen when a network conxon is removed either within windows or physically when a transmission is in progress. Or as previously stated, a driver was corrupted. Another is a conflict between any third party anti-virus/spyware/backup/OS Restore program conflicting with a specific driver. You could remove the driver for the nic and ensure that any hidden profiles are removed as well, then reboot to allow windows to redetect the driver. See what happens. Also, ensure that the driver is WHQL or is at least support by your service pack level.

Try a previous system restore point. If not, resort to another NIC instead of the integrated one.