Sound Card Help Plz

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Im gonna build my self a new pc not sure what yet but i was wondering what the best sound card would be to use in a gaming system?

I have an Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS at the moment should i stick to that card or is there better out now?

Thanx People

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    The big question is: does the new motherboard you are getting have onboard sound? For most gaming needs, the onboard audio on good motherboards is pretty freaking nice.
  • edited September 2005
    I was thinking of getting a (Sapphire PURE Innovation Gruper Radeon Xpress 200P (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard) that has got onboard sound!

this is the link (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Sapphire.html)
    please tell me what you think?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I think an Audigy 2 ZS is probably going to be a tad better than onboard sound which is normally just some sort of AC'97 software codec...

The only gaming card better than the Audigy 2 ZS out now is the Creative HiFi-X.
  • edited September 2005
    I don't know why but my Audigy was working fine when i got it but now it crackles and sound destorts quite oftin does any one have any ideads?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2005
    Creative Audigy it will take some load off your cpu and give you better sound :).
  • edited September 2005
    Nope been messing with the card the whole day...new drivers...taking it out then rebooting then reinstalling it.... but no...!!! the only thing i havent tried is thretning it lol! :confused:
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited September 2005
    Haver you tried putting into another slot?

Tex