Finished after forever

NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Internet & Media
This is something that I've kicked around on my computer for the better half of a year, but never really finished it until about a week ago. Just something for fun, although I don't like some things as they were done in about July of 2004.

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Goddamnit. I hate you, you talented git :eek:

Very very nice. Im always impressed with your renderings mate :thumbsup:
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited September 2005
    That is really nice. :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    How many hours do you put into a single rendering like that?

Damn, it looks real! :thumbsup:
  • maxanonmaxanon Montreal
    edited September 2005
    It looks great. Hyper-realistic.

But from a non-computer aspect. Another course or 2 of tiles over the counters before the cabinets would be more practical. That sink is in accessible, and I can't imagine doing very much on that stove. Sorry for being a grouch.
  • MizugoriMizugori NYC
    edited September 2005
    woah i looked at that and i was like what the hell this isn't better homes and garden forums

...then i realized its not a photograph...you sick bastard how did you do that

do you have any more images you'd share with us?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Mizugori, he has posted many already. They all look great! I am even considering doing one of these type renders for fun as well, and maybe see if I can give Nomad some competition :thumbsup:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    what program???
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    He's using 3Ds Max.

But hey man.... if you wanna try some 3D Modeling out check out this program. It's free and VERY powerful.

http://blender3d.com/

It WILL take you a little while if your new to 3D Modeling, it's kinda akward at first. Plus Blender's interface is pretty unique. But check out that site. With it you can even create some games.

3Ds Max will run you about $3000-$3500
    It does have a 30-Day trial though... I really like 3Ds Max.

Maya I think costs about the same, but you have the PLE version which is free.

Lightwave is another well known one, it's about $1500 I know nothing of it though. I have seen it's interface once.... but that is about it :P

XSI is what I have now, and damn I love it. It's just so easy to use, fast too. I can easily see it taking over sometime in the next couple years. It's about $500 for the foundation version which is PLENTY. Plus many free plugins :) Easy to find too, unlike 3Ds Max. :shakehead

uhhh....

Blender I've mentioned already....

Cinema 4D is generally a well liked program. You see it used alot for those crazy images that really look like some impossible shape that exploded. But in conjunction with photoshop and stuff. It's ok. $500 I think.

Vue from E-On software is nice, plus has a 60 day trial if my memory serves me correct. It is an amazing package for environments. You can put alot of trees into a scene with it. $500 as well, maybe less....?

Z Brush, I used to think this was just for Normal Map making, but lately it seems you can actually model in it. Though it's about $500 as well.

There are many packages if you're interested. I suggest XSI since it's so well rounded in features you really don't need anything else. Hell it's even got video editing built in.

Anyways, I merely went on about this becuase maybe it'll help somebody. :p
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    hmm...that looks really cool. would be nice to know just to know, like so much other stuff in my head. i think autry tech has a class about this maybe. ill look into taking it and maybe score some free software cause the teachers up there are awesome. I already got my self visual.net studio, i think its '03, not for sure.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    3D Modeling is alot of fun. I wish I had a better job which didn't wear me out so much. It's like 9:44PM right now, I'll be in bed by 10PM becuase my eyes feel like it's 4AM. I only get about 4 hours of "free" time a day, which I spend some of that just doing regular house cleaning and bull**** runs. But I won't rant here, just I love 3D Modeling andI really have no time for it except on weekends.