EVGA Nforce4 Sli Motherboard

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Hardware
It works very good, comes in box with all the goodies that came with it. one one week old, im getting a dfi thats why i need to sell it btw. retail for 145$ at www.zipzoomfly.com. 110$ shipped PM, IM, or email me. :thumbsup:

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited September 2005
    wow thats a nice board :)
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited September 2005
    that is a sweet MB...My best bud has that MB and he loves it..Soo why the DFI Magic?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    just doenst oc as well as i need
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    how much more OC do you need? your going to fry the 3200+ if you keep it at 2.7+
    edited September 2005
    how much more OC do you need? your going to fry the 3200+ if you keep it at 2.7+
    nahh, its a 3500 and it could do 2.7 easy. i want 2.7 at 9x300
    edited September 2005
    I dont think you will get there, my 4000+ wont even post those numbers with a DFI board. maybe 2.78 but never any higher. I would like ot see a sceen shot of CPU-Z of your CPU stats! I am amazed you have a 3500 at 2.7Ghz
    edited September 2005
    its not. my other system, the one in my sig, was at 2.7. my 3500 is at 2.42 now cuz this board is weak and i dont wanna waist time tweaking it to max it out when i know i cant hit 300 htt.
    edited September 2005
    You do know having a rating of 10 or higher yields better performance. Once you drop below 9 your taking away actual performance form the CPU. A good rate is 11 or12 these are especially good for overclockers at 3% to 5% anything in the 8% range needs to drop to 11 or 10 but never 9... I want to see when you hit 300 the blue screen of death…lol

I'm guessing that chip to last about another 4 months if you keep it OC’ed at that rate. It is one thing to OC for a huge number it is another to OC and keeping it running at that speed with no errors.

Im not trying to make you look bad or anything, I just don't see your goal being a reality goal, with a 3500+
    edited September 2005
    if its kept cool there should be no problem at running it at 2.7 as long as i want.
    edited September 2005
    not ture, it isnt just the heat you have to worry about breaking down...by all means if you OC the life of your cpu is broken down...
    edited September 2005
    well i had an athlon 1700 running at 2.48 for about a year and a half and it was still working when i sold the chip, and my friend has a chip in the stepping that is still running today at 2.5 which is for about 2 years ...
    edited September 2005
    Well good job at keeping 1 chip going, I have seen many OC'ed chip's fry after 1 year or even a 1 1/2 years. due mostly to people not knowing what they are doing. I'm sure you have a good idea about chips and how they work. But I just wanted to make sure you knew that Heat isn't the only problem when OC'ing. It breaks down into many sectors and sections and power loss etc...etc... But I would love to see you hit that 300 mark you are shooting for.
    edited September 2005
    wait 1 sec... so your saying you got a 1.47Ghz processor to run at 1 Gig higher than its standard clock? and it is still running. tell your buddy to send over a screenshot of that. In my eyes that is simply amazing
    edited September 2005
    ill get a cpuz screen tonight
    edited September 2005
    cpuz.jpg
    1.9v for just over 2 years now :Pwned:

the only difference between my 3200 or 3500 running at 2.7 and your 4000 runnin at 2.7 is you payed a couple hundred more dollars
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    ouch :Pwned: :mullet:

bump for a good trader, nice guy, and obviously an expert overclocker :ninja:
    edited September 2005
    Actually there is allot more difference than that lol! you must not know CPU's
    for one your 3200 and 3500 only have 512KB Cache and they don't support SSE3 along with running at 1.5Volts instead of 1.35Volts, as the 4000+ have 1MB Cache and supports the higher instruction set. also it being rated stock .2Mhz faster.

3500+ Clawhammer which is the better of the 2 3500's
    L1 Cache: 64KB+64KB
    L2 Cache: 512KB
    Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNOW! Professional
    Operating Frequency: 2.2GHz
    Process Type: 0.13 µm
    Voltage: 1.5V

4000+ San Diego
    L1 Cache: 64KB+64KB
    L2 Cache: 1MB
    Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNOW! Professional
    Operating Frequency: 2.4GHz
    Process Type: 90 nm
    Series: Athlon 64
    Voltage: 1.35/1.4V
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I dont think you will get there, my 4000+ wont even post those numbers with a DFI board. maybe 2.78 but never any higher. I would like ot see a sceen shot of CPU-Z of your CPU stats! I am amazed you have a 3500 at 2.7Ghz
    Huh! ;D

attachment.php?attachmentid=17079
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited September 2005
    haha nice.. my ram wont let my cpu overclock past a whopping 2.1ghz :p
    edited September 2005
    2850MHz front side bus! what the freak!
    edited September 2005
    ... i know theyre different cores with more cache and the sse3 with more computing instructions does make the cpu more efficient, im saying that i can hit a 2.7 clock with my 3200 just as easy as you can with your 4000. your saying that processors dont last as long OCed to higher clocks, ill give you that, but not as dramatically as you say. if your oc is stable and well cooled it will more than likely last to your next upgrade which for me is a year or two.
    edited September 2005
    Okay tell me this! I have cranked everything in the book on my 4000+ and can't get it to run over 2.68Ghz the cpu temp is well under 44C and never peaks 52C.

I have the identical 3200 Chip also and have never gottten it above 2.53Ghz....maybe it is my ram but Corsair XMS is pretty dang good in my book.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited September 2005
    2.45..with my 3000+..lol
    edited September 2005
    Okay tell me this! I have cranked everything in the book on my 4000+ and can't get it to run over 2.68Ghz the cpu temp is well under 44C and never peaks 52C.

I have the identical 3200 Chip also and have never gottten it above 2.53Ghz....maybe it is my ram but Corsair XMS is pretty dang good in my book.

how tight are you running the timings? what volts goen through your cpu and memory?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Welcome to short-media school ;)

I love this site :thumbsup:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Sledgehammer,

All you have to do is to setup the bios right and i can almost promise you that you can easily clock that cpu to at least 2.7 ghz. You must use 2T with that board to closk, but with 3 sticks, it won't do much unless you put a 166 divider on the ram. Then start cranking. You also need a better cooler for the cpu.
    edited September 2005
    Well I stripped my tower back down to 4 x 512 stick Corsair XMS, I have done everyhting I can to my cpu and can get it to 2.68Ghz but it isn't stable, I get the blue screen of death. Also when it comes to ram timings I guess you can call me a moron as I have never taken the time to really learn the settings, maybe some one could school me in ram timings?

should I replace my Artic Cooler with my Zalman? or what cooler do you recommend? my CPU temps seem to stay pretty Low around 38C Ideal and 44-46C under full load.... with my Artic Cooler
    edited September 2005
    The zalman is probably a better sink. What voltage are you using on the cpu?
    edited September 2005
    I want to say 1.65V and 2.9 on the ram
    edited September 2005
    1.65 is a lot on normal aircooling. Try 1.6 and see if you see any difference.