SM8 no display, 8 beeps

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited September 2005 in Hardware
Hey guys, I am having some trouble getting her going... As soon as I power it on it beeps once, pauses and beeps 8 times in a row. No video either. Any ideas what to try?

Comments

• FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited September 2005
    I tried alternating RAM sticks. Same result, and booting without ram yielded no beeps, but no display either.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    That usually indicates a video card problem. :scratch:

Try cleaning the contacts and giving it another go. I'd try resetting the BIOS, too.

:)
    edited September 2005
    Roger that. Trying it now, I have another vidcard I can try too... Ill go give it a try and let ya know.

Thanks for the quick reply Prof.
    edited September 2005
    Okay, I cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol, and it posts now with display. It doesnt want to recognise that HDD. I dont see any jumpers... I can hear the hdd power up, so i think its workin ok. Is there a jumper config I am missing?
    edited September 2005
    I had it as the Master drive on the Primary IDE Channel, with no Slave drive present. Just make sure the hard drive is at the end of the cable and that any cdrom drive you're using is on the Secondary IDE Channel.

Sounds like you're making progress. :thumbsup:
    edited September 2005
    Got her going, I had to select "auto" for drive type in cmos setup... installing windows now, so it will be done in an hour or so. Thanks for the help man :thumbsup:
    edited September 2005
    w00t! :D