Speakers

edited October 2005 in Hardware
Ok, I run WINDOWS XP. and i have a desktop with the speakers mounted into the monitor, but for some reason they don't work. I've gone to Start, Control panel, sounds speech and audio devices, and i'm pretty sure i did everything right, before i realized this, i used other speakers regular ones, one on each side of the computer but those since then have broke, any ideaS???

Comments

• zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited September 2005
    Ok, I run WINDOWS XP. and i have a desktop with the speakers mounted into the monitor, but for some reason they don't work. I've gone to Start, Control panel, sounds speech and audio devices, and i'm pretty sure i did everything right, before i realized this, i used other speakers regular ones, one on each side of the computer but those since then have broke, any ideaS???
    Do you know if these speakers are self powered or passive?

If they are internal (like the ones mounted to most LCDs which are usually passive) then enter the OSD to max the volume and ensure that you are plugging into the correct sound card output, usually the green connector unless you are trying to run a multi-channel setup on a support onboard option. Turn the volume up all of the way and be sure to set the type of speakers being used in the control panel for the environment. Additionally, make sure that the speakers are not muted in windows. ;)
  • edited September 2005
    I did all of that. Im pretty sure there self-powered, im not 100% sure though, i've done everything right and according to what i've done it should work. but it's not. any new ideas? please :confused:

If they are internal (like the ones mounted to most LCDs which are usually passive) then enter the OSD to max the volume and ensure that you are plugging into the correct sound card output, usually the green connector unless you are trying to run a multi-channel setup on a support onboard option. T

I'm not quite sure I understood all of that
  • JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2005
    can you tell us what model of LCD you have? It'll make helping you easier ^^
  • edited October 2005
    What do you mean LCD?
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited October 2005
    What do you mean LCD?

Your monitor, is it an lcd? like this?
  • edited October 2005
    Yes, it is.