SATA driver causing crashes

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Hello, I'm new here and looking for some help please.

I have an AOpen AX4R Plus motherboard running a P4 2.4GHz overclocked to 160 MHz giving 2.88GHz with 1Gb of RAM. The board has a Silicon Images Sil 3112 SATA onboard chip for SATA. Since rebuilding with a Samsung SP1614C SATA drive instead of an IDE drive I have been plagued with sudden Blue Screen of Death crashes citing a device driver and from the Microsoft error reporting site response this is not a graphics device error so I can only blame the SI SATA driver.

Has anybody else had this problem and any suggestions for a cure? I have uploaded all updated drivers from the AOpen support forum.

Also any ideas why I can't mix IDE and SATA drives on this motherboard? If I have one of each installed the BIOS ignores the SATA and looks for a boot drive on IDE even though the IDE drive is non-system and used solely for data.
Any help gratefully received.
Doug

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2005
    Is your pci locked to 33mhz ?.
  • edited September 2005
    Thanks for responding. When I increase the clock speed from 133 to 160MHz (the maximum it will stand before going unstable) I also increase the PCI to 33.70MHz which takes the AGP to 67.50MHz. I could go further if necessary.
    GrayFox wrote:
    Is your pci locked to 33mhz ?.
  • edited September 2005
    Bump. Is anybody able to help here? Any help gratefully received.
    Doug