OCZ PowerStream OCZ600ADJ-EU Gets Slated In UK Custom PC Mag. :eek:

JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
edited September 2005 in Hardware
Mac, I don't know whether you've read it yet but the OCZ600ADJ-EU got a really bad review in Custon PC mag in a group test.

This is a direct quote:

"The OCZ has poor efficiency, averaging just 71% at full load. This means it had to draw a ridiculous 845w from the mains to produce 600w. Even more worrying is the very unpleasant smell it emits at full load, and after just 16 minutes it overheated, shut down and wouldn't switch on again.

Not only is the OCZ incapable of producing it's claimed 600w, but it's also inefficient."

I'm really concerned about this as I bought this product on faith, thinking that it was the best on the market at the time. Also it was very expensive.

Please tell me I haven't wasted my money & that they must have got a faulty one & that OCZ is looking into this.

Cheers

Jim

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    They must have had a really bad unit. I have 2 here and none of them smells anything different then any other powersupplys i have tested. Thanks for the heads up. I will immediatley check it out..to ad i can't get my hands on that magazine though.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2005
    Tomshardware got a bad one as well in their huge top end PSU roundup. No update on the site either.