WU size is growing

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Folding@Home
I have been seeing allot of 500 Frame WU's over the last few weeks but now it seems all my comps are chugging on 5000 frame projects, I count 18 5000 frame projects right now, I have never seen hat many on my systems :) hopefully to major point action will be coming :)

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    The number of frames can be misleading at times. Some of the smaller WU's have a lot of dinky frames which blow by rapidly; many bigger WU's have fewer frames, but your computer will take much longer with each one.

Are you using the Console version of FAH, with EMIII (Electron Microscope 3) to monitor your progress? There is a point calculator built into it which will tell you what point value different WU's give.

Stanford has a page up where you can get some detailed info about current projects which tells you the point value, number of frames, etc. :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    where do I get this monitor? soo find this out?
    edited September 2005
    Head over here and check out the Downloads section. If all your comps are on the same network and running the Console version, you will be able to monitor them from a single machine. :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I'll check it out
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2005
    Prof............hope you checked DoctorB. Got one in queu. :D
    edited September 2005
    dragonV8 wrote:
    Prof............hope you checked DoctorB. Got one in queu. :D
    That picture is from a couple of months (and 100,000 points) ago. You can bet I figured it out and got those points turned in. :D
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited September 2005
    How do i monitor two computers w/ that program?
    edited September 2005
    Nightwolf wrote:
    How do i monitor two computers w/ that program?
    Are they on the same LAN? (Running off the same router/switch/hub?)

Just browse to the FAH folder (or whatever you named the folder where the FAH Console was installed from). You will need to browse to "My Network Places" or "Entire Network", find the other computer, then drill down to the appropriate folder. Highlight the FAH Console (FAH502-Console.exe) and click "Add A Box". Don't let it throw you if it complains that it doesn't look like a FAH executable - just tell it to keep going.

If you click the icon just below the "E" in "Microscope" you can select the client view. Pick (2)Client View and there they are. As your farm grows you can keep bumping the view upward to see multiple computers at a glance.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2005
    Those 500 or 5000 numbers arent actually frames. The correct number of frames will be shown with EM3. Its usually 100 or 400.