AXP 2500+ Barton 333FSB

JBJB Carlsbad, CA
edited September 2003 in Hardware
Do these chips come unlocked from the factory? I saw Newegg has them for $84, which would be a nice upgrade. the problem is i have an a7v333(KT333) so my board cannot unlock the processor like the NF2. Thanks for the help

ps. if the barton's arent unlocked are the older tbred 2600+ unlocked(like my 1700+ tbred?)?

Comments

• edited September 2003
    They come unlocked from the factory just like all Tbred and Barton procs do(L1 bridges all connected), but I don't know if your old mobo supports the 5 bit multiplier codes that will unlock this proc past 12.5 multi. It comes with an 11 multi set from AMD. This page here might help you to see if there is a workaround if you need to select a multiplier higher than 12.5. However, you should easily be able to get over 2GHz with a 12.5 multi ans some fsb overclocking.
  • SpiderSpider The Web
    edited September 2003
    Radeon_Man said
    Do these chips come unlocked from the factory? I saw Newegg has them for $84, which would be a nice upgrade. the problem is i have an a7v333(KT333) so my board cannot unlock the processor like the NF2. Thanks for the help

ps. if the barton's arent unlocked are the older tbred 2600+ unlocked(like my 1700+ tbred?)?

I have an A7v333 (v1.02) & a Barton 2500+. As stated by muddocktor the chip comes unlocked. The max multi you will get is 12.5 without mods. Be careful modding the chip. I killed one chip trying to blow/cut the bridges to get the higher multi's.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Here is a nice mod if to choose multis. This can be done by joining the pins UNDER the mainboard as well. I did that. Much easier.
    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html