Socket 939 Opterons..

lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
edited October 2005 in Hardware
Has anyone seen these yet? Looks like low clocked sandiego cores for the most part. AMD certainly puts better silicon into their server/workstation chips. They seem to OC like crazy from the looks of it. Some even shared the same steppings as FX57s.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75063&page=1&pp=25

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited September 2005
    that cpu-z screen says socket 940
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2005
    that cpu-z screen says socket 940

CPU-Z is not reading it correctly.. They are indeed 939's. The next version should recognize them.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2005
    939pin opteron :eek: .
    Where can I buy one !
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited September 2005
    Aren't opertons like server processors? or are they good for other thigns?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2005
    Nightwolf wrote:
    Aren't opertons like server processors? or are they good for other thigns?
    Server and workstation chips.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited September 2005
    lemonlime wrote:
    CPU-Z is not reading it correctly.. They are indeed 939's. The next version should recognize them.
    oh
  • edited September 2005
    lol
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited September 2005
    There's a thread about this on overclockers.com that I've been watching for a couple of weeks linky
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited September 2005
    I'll hopefully be getting one next week, there supposed to be great clockers
  • edited October 2005
    Yeah, let us know how it works out, Jim. I'm really thinking of getting one of the DC socket 939 Opti's as my next upgrade for my main rig, since they will have 2 X 1 MB L2 cache just like the X2 4400, but be cheaper than the 4400.
    edited October 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    Yeah, let us know how it works out, Jim. I'm really thinking of getting one of the DC socket 939 Opti's as my next upgrade for my main rig, since they will have 2 X 1 MB L2 cache just like the X2 4400, but be cheaper than the 4400.

Will do, just waiting for them to come in stock. :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Oh yeah. I want one of those badboys! :eek:

Jim, let me know where and when you get one :D
    edited October 2005
    I've been looking around, but Canadian wholesalers don't have them avaliable yet. Hopefully soon. The 148 looks like it should be a great tweaker's chip :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    Oh yeah. I want one of those badboys! :eek:

Jim, let me know where and when you get one :D

Scan say they should be getting them in this week & cpu city has them on pre order. I'll drop you a line when one or t'other comes in. :)
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited October 2005
    Jim My Epox 9NDA3+ is running an X2 4400+ with the latest BIOS (09/15) so yours should also. :)
  • edited October 2005
    Omega65 wrote:
    Jim My Epox 9NDA3+ is running an X2 4400+ with the latest BIOS (09/15) so yours should also. :)

That's great to know, Omega. From what I've read on these new Opti's, the 165 (I think that's the model number for the 2.0 DC model) will be somewhere around $75-100 cheaper than a X2 4400. That's why I'm looking at them. :D
    edited October 2005
    Still waiting for stock to come in. I have an A8N Ultra & Sapphire GTO2 just sat here till it arrives. :(

Also sadly it looks like the later steppings are not the stellar overclockers the early ones were.
    edited October 2005
    Jimborae wrote:
    Still waiting for stock to come in. I have an A8N Ultra & Sapphire GTO2 just sat here till it arrives. :(

Also sadly it looks like the later steppings are not the stellar overclockers the early ones were.

I know, I saw some of the later ones, and they appear to be the CABGE san diego 3700+ steppings for the most part. If you can find a CABNE 0530, you've got yourself a locked FX :D