Audigy 2ZS Problem

edited October 2005 in Hardware
I cannot get my Creative Inspire 7700 7.1 speakers to work properly with my Audigy 2ZS. I have tripple checked ALL the connections of the speakers and soundcard but for some reason when I do a speaker test the "side left" test tone comes out of the subwoofer, the "rear left" and "rear right" come out of the side speakers, and one side channel comes out of both rears... :scratch: I have updated ALL drivers and TOTALLY verified that all connections are correct. Is there a setting somewhere that is screwing everything up? When I try to calibrate the speakers it tells me that my speakers are wired incorrectly.

BTW, it all worked flawlessly before my recent OS reinstall.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited October 2005
    danotto wrote:
    I cannot get my Creative Inspire 7700 7.1 speakers to work properly with my Audigy 2ZS. I have tripple checked ALL the connections of the speakers and soundcard but for some reason when I do a speaker test the "side left" test tone comes out of the subwoofer, the "rear left" and "rear right" come out of the side speakers, and one side channel comes out of both rears... :scratch: I have updated ALL drivers and TOTALLY verified that all connections are correct. Is there a setting somewhere that is screwing everything up? When I try to calibrate the speakers it tells me that my speakers are wired incorrectly.

BTW, it all worked flawlessly before my recent OS reinstall.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a similiar problem with an Audigy 2ZS and very interested in the reply to this...slight variation: I can't use "test" to test speakers...nothing happens but when I calibrate I get sound also the message that my speakers are wired incorrectly and they are not. This problem followed an XP OS fix...couldn't boot. :scratch::scratch: