which dimms on dfi?

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
i know that i read it somewere on that its recomended to put the memory in either orange or yellow i just cant remember were i saw it or which ones to put it in?

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited September 2005
    I think it was proven to be better to have them in 1 and 3 (whichever colors those are).
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    The latest betabios developed by a co-worker is really good for all slots, but ram that likes voltage over 3.2 volts, use the yellow. Other than that, use the orange.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    The latest betabios developed by a co-worker is really good for all slots, but ram that likes voltage over 3.2 volts, use the yellow. Other than that, use the orange.
    k cool, have a link to those bios or are they the newest ones on the dfi site?
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2005
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    thanks
  • rykoryko new york
    edited September 2005
    some people think the yellow ones oc better, but they seem to be the same for me...
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2005
    With older BIOS revisions (3/10 etc), you HAD to use the orange slots to run Dual Channel. I always had the best luck with the Orange slots regardless of BIOS revision. I think most people with TCCD have stuck with Orange.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    lemonlime wrote:
    With older BIOS revisions (3/10 etc), you HAD to use the orange slots to run Dual Channel. I always had the best luck with the Orange slots regardless of BIOS revision. I think most people with TCCD have stuck with Orange.
    I agree!

My original Ultra D board only liked the orange slots with my TCCD with both the original bios and the 3/10 bios. My current SLI DR is running the 3/10 as well as I have not had any issues and see no need to change but will run on either yellow or orange but gets higher clocks on the orange with my TCCD. I have a newer Ultra D with TCCD running the 3/10 bios as well but have not tired anything as it is working well on the orange slots as well. Then I have another brand new Ultra D running the OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 with the 6/23 bios (that's what came with it) that runs the same in all slots.