LCD TV's?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
I am thinking of buying an LCD, when I went to Newegg I found a section of LCD TV's that seem very sweet.

For example this gem...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889107001

I know the screen res isn't all that great, but I don't even play games usually at anything higher than 1280x1024(on my current CRT screen). 27Inches of uberness seems well worth it for other things as well.

I am just curious what you guys think as I am no hardware expert ;D

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    If space is an issue and you can't get a 50" monster than yeah go for it. That thing is Hi-Def ready, so you'll need to get a tuner, or an HD cable or satellite box, but trust me, once you go Hi-Def, you'll wonder how you ever watched TV again. And as far as the resolution, you'll love how wide the screen is, and I'm pretty sure most games now have some HD widescreen mode anyway.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    50"?!?! Where and how?
    edited October 2005
    What do you mean where and how? well actually, if you want 50" of LCD goodness, you have to go LCD rear projection, which is still awesome because the TV is only a few inches deep. I myself bought a 46" Samsung DLP rear projection TV and while I have not hooked up my computer to it yet, I do run Xbox media center on it and text looks awesome on it, even really small font is as easy to read as on a computer monitor. I will be putting my main rig on that TV soon and it will be the only way I use my computer anymore.

DLP is different from LCD, they say LCD looks better, brighter, I say whatever. The first time I saw Discovery HD Theater on this thing, I couldn't take my eyes away from the screen. It literally looks like you are there. I'm serious. And if you like sports, well when you watch football in HD, it's like you're sitting in the stands. I'm not kidding. DLP is much cheaper than LCD too btw. You won't have convergence problems with a DLP as you do on traditional rear projection TVs because there is only one light source.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Just curious who makes DLP's? I've seen them before on tech shows, but not in person who who makes them. Links?
    edited October 2005
    I think most major manufacturers make DLP sets these days. Texas Instruments created the technology and I'm pretty sure they're the only ones making the actual DLP chip.
  • edited October 2005
    yes kanefan im agree wid u
    Imran Hashmi www.visionstudio.co.uk 0044-7969012441
    Imran Hashmi www.seo-professional.co.uk 0044-7969012441
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Haha. dnt, you're a silly-goose. ;[
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Well, those look like UK mobile phone numbers, but your English is just... geez and it's not really good form to advertise like that in every post.