Asus P4sgx-mx

edited October 2005 in Hardware
Hi. I'm a new user and actually quite new at the ITfun a games. I'm in the process of studying and have picked up a few computers to have a play with.
One of the PC's has an ASUS P4SGX-MX motherboard and when powered up, it won't start the monitor. Its like it stays in standby mode.

I swapped the power supply with one that definately works and it was no different. If I disconnect the monitor whilst running, the monitor shows that it has lost the connection, but when reconnected, the monitors LED goes back into standby mode.The processor, RAM, HDD, CD Rom, Floppy Drive are all connected also. (I disconnected the CD Rom & Floppy and replaced the cables to see that they were not the problem.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated, as I'm keen to learn, and theres no better way than doing it this way.

Thanks,

SBR2Win

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Does that MB have onboard video? If not, what video card are you using? You might try an old PCI video card purely for troubleshooting purposes.

A BIOS reset would be worth a shot, too.

Good luck. :)
  • edited October 2005
    Yeah it has on board video, but I'll grab a vieo card to give it a try. I pulled the battery to try and reset the CMOS, and therefore the BIOS, but still no go. I'll give the video card a try. Thanks again.