Keep getting kicked to Desktop on all Videogames

edited October 2005 in Hardware
I now randomly get kicked to my desktop when I try to play games.

What did I do before this problem started happening.

I tried to do a clone with ATI control Center so I could record the video from my desktop to my DV camcorder.

I hooked the video up through the VIVO out cable through my video card(see below) and audio to my reciever. Everything was looking good so I started up my game and when I pressed record on my camcorder I instantly got kicked to my desktop can someone please help me figure out what is going wrong.

I don't get error messages or anything and the game minimizes and goes to the desktop. When I click on the game it resizes and plays normally and then minimizes back to desktop. :scratch:

Comments

• edited October 2005
    I had that problem before. My problem was because of an installation, so I think you should try uninstalling the things you installed right when it started to happen. Of course, I reformatted and found out when I encountered the problem again while testing 1 program at a time
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    You probably have the graphical folding client running. If you switch to service mode, this problem will go away. F@H Graphical is incompatible with certain DirectX games. Either shut it down before playing games or switch to the no-nonsense text only console version in service mode.
  • edited October 2005
    Holy slush your right your right your right your right. But If I shut it down for even a second I'll loose presious folding time that could have been used for a cure.

How do I switch it to service mode?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29800 explains it :)

Uninstall the graphical version first. When you download FAH502Console.exe, put it in the same folder that the graphical version was in so that it finds your work. Delete your client.cfg file before you run FAH502Console.exe for the first time. When you run it, it will ask you if you want it in service mode - say yes. Reboot, and it will be running in the background (you can verify this by opening up your task manager and seeing FAHCORE process taking up almost 100% of your cpu) :thumbsup:
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    I have the same problem a lot with JUST Battlefield 2. I don't fold, so I know thats not it. I'm pretty sure its just the buggy program causing it :rolleyes:
  • edited October 2005
    Yep open up every graphical program and if it's not like photoshop or something get rid of it.