ATI Radeon 9550 hardware not even being found?!

edited October 2005 in Hardware
Im struggling alot to get my new pc to find my new radeon 9550 graphics card. I dont know what to do! I dont know much about computers and I really need it to work!

Someone please help me!!! I been told i should sort it through BIOS but then the eprson went offline so I didnt have a clue what to do in bios and everything went black. HELP :(

Michelle

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Hello,

Could you let us know what type of computer you currently have? Is it a 'Dell' or IBM, HP, or some other name brand PC? or is it a clone/generic custom built machine?

Some retail PCs have an 'integrated' or onboard video card that needs to be disabled before an add-in card will work properly.
  • alexdcdalexdcd The United Kingdom
    edited October 2005
    Go back to basics heres some questions:
    Is the Graphics card powered up?
    Are all the interface pins clean?
    Does the bios have any setting to enable such cards?
    Is it the right bus speed for the motherboard?
    Does the Motherboards have an onboards vga port?

Please mail back at my pc repair compant: [abcdef]

MODERATOR EDIT: Alex, the best support you can provide the Short-Media community is to provide your advice and assistance right here, at Short-Media. It is not necessary to direct the members to off-site support if you can provide the same service here. After you've established yourself as a loyal member, then perhaps the links to your email help desk and partially completed site might be appropriate. Thanks. We look forward to you being active here.

Leonardo
    Super Moderator
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Sounds like you're upgrading. To make things easier, make sure you remove the old card, running two can be a problem. Although I'm guessing and just throwing in another possibility as we don't have much to go by.