Whats up with these terrible timings :o

lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
edited October 2005 in Hardware
Just got a new lappy from work (Dell Lattitude D610).. Whats the first thing I do? Naturally I fire up CPU-Z and run a Super PI 1M run.. I'm such a friggin geek :buck:

I was happy to see a 1.86GHz Dothan in it, but wow, look at those timings, and that memory frequency! Is this normal for modern laptops? Some kind of a heat/power saving thing?

EDIT: I just noticed it is DDR2 ram, that would explain the crappy timings I guess. I'm still surprised its not running at a higher frequency though. DDR1 would have been faster :confused:

EDIT #2: Again, it must be a lack of sleep due to excess DoD playing. When I saw 266MHz, the first thing I thought was PC2100, but again, I was wrong.. DDR533 is pretty decent I suppose :D

Comments

• FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited October 2005
    Yup, just got a new Sony with a 2 gig Dothan and a gig of ddr533 ram, and a Radeon X600 with a 17"-1920x1200 LCD. Damn things a monster!! (at least once you turnoff the automatic startup of the all the resident Sony programs!!)

Flint
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Flintstone wrote:
    Yup, just got a new Sony with a 2 gig Dothan and a gig of ddr533 ram, and a Radeon X600 with a 17"-1920x1200 LCD. Damn things a monster!! (at least once you turnoff the automatic startup of the all the resident Sony programs!!)

Flint

Nice and quick for a laptop I must say! I wish I had the larger screen, and better graphics card like your Sony, but it is still a big step up from my old PIII :D I think the native resolution on this screen is 1400xsomething. It's very sharp looking.
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited October 2005
    Yea, this one's mine! The fiancee has a PM1.5 by HP that's been a workhorse. It's the old Centrino platform. I haven't even used my old PII (or PIII, I can't remember!) 366 Toshiba lappy for over 2 years!!