Flickering problems...

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
I just upgraded my system, but now that I have it up and running I tried benching it in 3D Mark05 but when I run the test my screen flickers with black horizontal lines of varying sizes while you can still see some of the background and such. Then it finally just goes black.

It doesn't crash though, I press escape and it just goes back to the originating screen so I can try to run the test again and such.

3D Mark03 is simply SLOW.... I noticed things like the womans hair in the Troll test that it's missing along with some of the polygons.

This card shoudl work perfectly fine, and I've been seeing various problems on other forums with this board(usually fixable in some way though) but this one I haven't seen yet or been able to find at least.

Any ideas? I've tried various drivers, I've switched to AGP4x. BTW this board is the ASRock SATA2 board with that ULi chipset with AGP and PCI-E. The processor is an Athlon 64 X2 3800+

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    Reinstall the graphics card driver :).
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I already mentioned I've tried multiple drivers.... ;D
  • rykoryko new york
    edited October 2005
    good idea...might want to run a driver cleaner also before re-installing.

detonator destroyer for nvidia...

or "AtiCimUn.exe" for ati...

what video card?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Geforce 6200... forgot to mention that even thoughI was thinking about making sure that I did while typing :D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    BTW I ran that detonator cleaner... didn't effect anything.

I do have an alternate card I am about to try out...when I finish off my food :p
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    OK

So far I have taken out the Geforce6200, replaced it with my Radeon9800XT... ranw ith the Radeon9800XT for a day or so. Took out the Radeon9800XT making sure all drivers and such are completely gone, and put back in the Geforce6200 and it still has this exact same problem :(

I am about to put together a secondary system of my older stuff and see if it works fine in that system. Then probably sell it all. I wanted to keep the 6200 if I could, it's a beast.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited October 2005
    correct me if i am wrong, but i remeber you saying form another thread that you flashed your 6200 to a 6600 or unlocked the extra pipes or something?

try flashing back to the original BIOS and see if the problems go away...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I never flashed it, only used NV*something* to unlock the extra pixelpipelines. But I'll look into that.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited October 2005
    what are the temps on the card

it might be overheating

also have you tryed it in another PC

try under clocking it, if that works, might want to look into RMAing it

me and spelling does not seem to get along does it? ;D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Can't RMA(if that's what you meant), had it for a couple months now.

I am setting up a secondary PC to test this card out if it doesn't wanna work right on this PC after retesting it again.(along with another card I wanna sell but need to make sure works.)

It's not overheating though, I've checked that.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited October 2005
    some companies have a 1 year warrenty

might be somthing to look into
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I have determined this is simply an incompadibility issue. I am quite sure of that now.