Saitek X52

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
Does anyone own this or has used it at some point? Pretty much all the reviews seem to love it and I'm looking for something to replace my old MS Sidewinder FFB Pro (although I'll still keep it for games where I'd like a bit of the old crazy-stick). Picture attatched for coolness factor.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Not a single person? Yikes.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    wow that sure looks cool! :cool:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I've used it and I loved it. Goes great w/ foot pedals.
    I don't remember which model it was but that was some time ago ...I think w98 was the os at the time. Just check to be sure there are no compatability issues w/ your os because my old stick had tons of issues when I tried to get it into winxpsp2 and usb. saitek took forever to produce working drivers for that. But that was another stick altogether.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Might have to get that thing myself... how much is it?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    £76 is the cheapest here. It arrived thismorning, been using it on and off, it's very nice, not had any issues with it on multiple games. Looks crazy in the dark, hehe. Still trying to get used to using a Joystick in certain games. Where do you guys keep your sticks anyway when playing games like BF2? I have to pull it towards me a little and still end up using it side on...
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I have that one. Got it when CompUSA had a 30MIR on it. It's a very sweet controller. However, if you want to get it's full potential, it means spending lots of time working with configuration wizards and the like. There are some places on the net where you can download configuration files done by other people (I forget where). However, with this controller (and they money you'll pay) it's worth the investment to have controls configured the way you want rather than submitting to someone else's idea of comfort.

Enjoy!