Weird IE - Yahoo issue

gtghmgtghm New
edited October 2005 in Spyware & Virus Removal
Ok, I did a no no... and DNL'ed a program from a questionable site and I did have a problem. I was not able to identify the exact virus as what ever it was was able to defeat my currenty up to date norton AV. I went through my machine and did the usual HJT log and cleaned up with adaware and spybot plus did several on line scans from various AV sites. Ran some scans in safe mode and I beleive that I have gotton rid of what ever it was. However I have 2 problems... one is that I can't get the machine to boot into safe mode with networking... not sure if that is a part of the problem but the most notable problem that I have is when I go to the yahoo site.

I have included a copy of a pic of my machine while at the yahoo site and I have circled the area in question.

In the upper right corner on every one of my other machines there is a button that says "My Yahoo" but on this machine it will not apear. I have tried everything that I know. What would cause that button/link to not load into IE?

See pic below.

Thanks,
"g"

Comments

• gtghmgtghm New
    edited October 2005
    It seems that there must be a problem still as I can not manually lower my internt security lower than medium and I can not get norton AV online virus scan to run properly.

I have changed my internet options and security settings as the symantec site say to and it still will not work properly.

Help,
    "g"
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited October 2005
    Couldn't wait, going to gernade it and start over.

Thanks anyways,
    "g"
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited October 2005
    Don't "gernade" your comp - I hope you havn't.

Post a HJT log :)
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited October 2005
    Yep, in the middle of a format and reinstall as we speak.

Sorry, it is ok though. I have gotten XP Pro reloaded on my Inspron 8600 lappy and its actually a great thing, I get the chance to leave off all the bloat ware and demo applications. It wasn't as painfull as it would be if it were my server. My whole computer Life is on that thing... LOL

Thanks anyway.

"g"
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited October 2005
    No problem.

:thumbsup:
This discussion has been closed.